Raised in Washington D.C., Gabrielle picked up a camera at 17-years-old. She learned photography in the darkroom as a high school senior. After graduating she moved to New York City where she studied art history and fine art photography at NYU Tisch School of the Arts. In 2014 she moved to San Francisco to start her career as a freelance photojournalist in San Francisco. In 2016 Gabrielle joined the staff of The San Francisco Chronicle where she has been pursuing both stills and video. Most recently she began organizing the Bay Area Women Photograph group where photographers in the San Francisco gather for events, to share ideas and collaborate on work.
• POYi: Photographer of the Year (Local): 1st Place 2020
• POYi: Local Picture Story: 1st Place 2020
• POYi: Election Singles 3rd Place 2020
• Best of NPPA: Photographer of the Year: HM 2020
• Best of NPPA: Feature Story: 2nd Place 2020
• Best of NPPA: Portrait Series: 1st Place 2020
• Best of NPPA: Cliff Edom Award: 3rd Place 2020
• Best of NPPA: Environment Story: 3rd Place 2020
• Atlanta Photojournalism Award: 1st Place Feature 2020
• Emmy Award Regional Winner 2020
• Emmy Award Regional Winner 2018
• Best of NPPA: Environment Award 2018
• Atlanta Photojournalism Award: 3rd Place Film 2018
• Lumix Award for Northern California Wildfires 2017
• American Photography Award Winner 2017-2020
Clients/ Published work:
The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune, TIME, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Guardian, National Geographic Magazine, The Atlantic, Reuters, CNN, MIT Technology Review, Mother Jones and more.
Please feel free to reach out and say hello !